Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Autumn Projects - Part Three


 I have an update on my progress of the two remaining Autumn projects.  {As you may remember I finished the first of the three here}.

The second project is this leaves and acorn border for my tea towel:


And the third is this little owl. 

For both of these projects, I am still experimenting with colors and stitches.   In the case of this owl I love the coral, black mustard and blue color palette but I am trying to get just the right combination of stitches - especially for the leaves! 


In the case of the tea towel, I am also thinking about trims.  I love a pom-pom trim on a tea towel. 

I am thinking maybe the smaller sized pom-poms would suit the border a little better than the large?

I guess I will have to wait until I finish the stitching!


5 comments:

MomWaldsPlace said...

Looking Fabulous!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh those are such pretty fall colors. Love the Pom poms. Do you use a specific type of tea towel? And do you use a stabilizer for the embroidery? Inquiring minds are just wondering!

Stephanie said...

Oh my, they are so cute! Your embroidery work is simply beautiful! Hugs and blessings

Kim said...

Mary- Thank you!
Jane - LOL Thanks! I like to make my own tea towels out of fabric. I usually use cotton or linen and no I don't use a stabilizer.
Stephanie - :) Thank you!

Lilasesazuis said...

owmmm...que fofura!!

beijinhos,

Lígia e =^.^=