Tuesday, February 2, 2016

On My Worktable Today



I have quite a few stitching projects on my worktable today.  They are either in progress or just being planned. 

I am giving my two favorite transfer pens a real workout.  They both seem to be running low on ink - I hope I can transfer all of these images! 



I also wanted to share a very quick stitching I did yesterday.  If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen the finish but here are a few process pictures.  

I used this lazy daisy egg from the Easter pattern set. For my colors, I chose a variety of light spring pastels.  Notice the big skein?  That is a variegated perle cotton


that I used to outline the egg.  I used the Stem Stitch. A nice stitch for this application as it shows off the color gradations of the floss and it makes such a neat line to form the curved edges the egg:



I stitched all of the Lazy Daisy stitches and French Knots to fill the inside of the Easter egg and here is the finish:


I had fun with this one, it took me less than an hour to finish,  most of that time was spent choosing colors!

As for the color palette, here are the floss numbers:







5 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, Kim...it is gorgeous! I love how all the colors look so fresh and bright. Beautiful!

Kim said...

:) Thanks Darlene!

Ana Love Craft said...

Beautiful Easter Egg! I love the pastel colors and the yellow variegated perle cotton that you used. You have lovely patterns.
Have a wonderful rest of week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

You're working on many projects. This egg is wonderful! :)

Kim said...

Hi Ana - Thank you!
Silvia - Thanks :) I need a lot of stitching time!