Tuesday, June 21, 2016

4th Of July Embroidery



I have made some progress on a few items that I mentioned in my last post.  
First up is this heart.  I used quite a few different stitches on this one and I love the result!
The blue lines are Double Knot Stitch.  In between each of the blue lines are Straight Stitches done in sliver metallic thread. The red outline is Back Stitch and the red lines are done in Stem Stitch.  The white lines are done in Chain Stitch.  The white stars are outlined with Back Stitch and filled with Straight Stitches.


I also finished this star.  The outline is all done with Whipped Back Stitch.  The inside is done with Trellis Couching Stitch:



If you look closely, you can see that the couching is done with silver metallic thread:


So these two are finished:


and I still have a few more to stitch:









No comments: